- 2009: A-levels at Ratsgymnasium in Minden, Germany
- 2009-2011: Studies of German and Musicology at the University of Greifswald
- 2011-2016: Studies of English, German, and German as a Foreign Language (minor) for secondary teaching degree at the University of Greifswald (1st state examination)
- 2013: Erasmus semester at the University of Aberdeen, Scotland
- 2016: Supply teacher at Friedrich-Ludwig-Jahn-Gymnasium in Greifswald
- 2017-2018: Teacher training at Süderelbe Comprehensive School in Hamburg (2nd state examination)
- 2018-2019: Teaching assistant at Wormholt Park Primary School in London
- Since 2019: Research assistant and Ph.D. student in didactics of English language teaching at the University of Greifswald
- Thorbecke, Karoline (2019): Last Stop on Market Street. Ein Bilderbuch szenisch interpretieren. In: Englisch 5-10 (45/2019), S. 4-7.
- "Insights into PBE in High School and Higher Education. Education for Sustainable Development in Germany", Place-Based Education Conference, Flint, MI (USA), November 2019.
Areas of interest
- Teaching: Courses in didactics of English language teaching, especially practical classes with students at schools and seminars on integrating education for sustainability and generic learning into the foreign language classroom
- Research: PhD dissertation project "Practices of consumption on YouTube. Potentials of user-generated content for stimulating critical reflection processes on sustainability in the EFL classroom."